When it comes to college, you want to make sure you are getting the most value for your money. According to U.S. News & World Report, UNH has been ranked the number one best value public university in New England for the third consecutive year and is a top 10 best value public university, having moved up the ranking to number seven this year.
What does UNH's best value status mean for you as a prospective student? Read on to learn what it means for UNH to be consistently ranked a best value public university.
Financial assistance that meets you where you’re at
Our financial aid and scholarship opportunities make sure a valuable UNH education is within reach.
- 95% of first-year students receive need-based aid and/or merit scholarships.
- Just by applying to UNH, you’re automatically considered for merit scholarships.
- UNH's wide range of life-changing merit scholarships combine serious tuition dollars with academic opportunity and community.
- The Granite Guarantee offers free tuition to Pell-eligible NH residents.
At UNH, students experience opportunities like nowhere else, from researching in our Chase Ocean Engineering Lab, to working for manufacturing companies in the John Olson Advanced Manufacturing Center, to studying abroad across the globe, to interning for social change organizations in Boston:
- 75% of 2022 undergraduates left UNH with experiential learning experience (internships, practicums, clinicals or fieldwork).
- More than 1,500 students participated in the annual Undergraduate Research Conference in 2023.
- Students get funding for doing research through programs like Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF).
- Our professors love to mentor undergrads. About 2/3 of UNH faculty members mentor undergraduates doing research.
Outstanding student success
After graduation, our students succeed, landing dream jobs and furthering their education.
- 94% of 2022 grads were employed or furthering their education 3-12 months after graduation.
- 39% of 2022 grads who had an internship had a full-time job offer from an internship, and of those 55% accepted the job offer.
- Our Career and Professional Success Office (CaPS) guides students and the Career and Internship Fair brings employers from all industries to campus.
Individualized experiences for high achievers
- The Hamel Honors and Scholars College will include project-based learning, a flexible curriculum and an opt-in living-learning community.
- Hamel Scholars have a unique UNH experience, including volunteer opportunities and leadership training.
At UNH, our U.S. News & World Report best value ranking is much more than just a number. Our best value means you will experience supportive financial aid, amazing opportunities, future success and so much more!
- Learn more about financial aid and value at UNH.
- Learn more about high-impact learning opportunities at UNH.
This Q & A will tell you everything you need to know about the new Honors College and why it’s worth it to be a UNH honors student. read more about the honors college