Congratulations on your admission to the University of New Hampshire! This is the start of something new. New chapters. New breakthroughs. New friends. Get ready to experience possibility in every direction. Explore this page for important information, resources and next steps on your journey to officially become a UNH Wildcat.
Important Next Steps
Full-time undergraduate first-year and transfer students will be required to live on campus in university housing per UNH's 2-year Live-On Requirement to foster a sense of belonging to the university community where students will be supported academically, personally and socially.
Students who wish to request an exemption from UNH's Live-On Requirement, will need to submit an exemption request to UNH's Housing and Residential Life Office. By confirming your enrollment, you have read and agree to abide by the Live-On Requirement established for new undergraduate students.
To learn more about how to apply for housing, visit UNH's Housing & Residential Life website.
- With few exceptions, UNH will not approve deferral requests for students to complete college coursework elsewhere or for a post-graduate year.
- If you know you will be deferring your admission, you do not need to send in an enrollment deposit now; however, if there is a chance your plans may change, an enrollment deposit must be received by May 1 to guarantee fall semester entry.
- If a deferral is approved, a form to reinstate admission for the future semester will be sent with the approval letter. Please follow the instructions provided on that form.
- Students who defer for a year must remember to complete the FAFSA by March 1 of the year they will be enrolling to be considered for need-based financial aid.
- Students who defer for only one semester will have their financial aid package modified accordingly.
After the enrollment deposit deadline, deposits are non-refundable. Please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com.
- Refunds requested on or before May 1: $600
- Refunds requested on May 2 - May 31: $300
- Refunds requested between June 1 – July 1: $50
- No portion of the deposit will be refundable after July 1
Admitted Student Visit Options
Every year, UNH offers several special events for admitted students. We strongly encourage attendance to one of these events to connect with future professors, meet new classmates, explore our beautiful campus and experience the incredible Wildcat community.
Show off your Wildcat Spirit and tell the world that you're in! Click the button below to download special GIFs and banners and celebrate by posting on your social media account.