- Upon registration, students will be matched with a current UNH student and an individualized schedule with your personal start and end times will be provided 2-3 days prior to the scheduled visit. Note: Students will likely not be on campus for the entirety of the session. You can expect your time on campus to be about 2-3 hours.
- UNH Admissions staff will make every effort possible to pair students based on their intended majors or program. However, no guarantees can be made due to our students’ busy schedules and when courses are offered.
- While students are participating in their shadow experience, parents/guardians and other guests will have the opportunity to explore campus on a self-guided tour or explore the Durham community. Feel free to ask us for places we recommend seeing or visiting when you check-in.
- Measures have been taken to ensure the health and safety of all, students and guests must wear a mask while indoors. Please review the COVID-19 Updates and Safety Guidelines page before your visit.
Shadow a Wildcat Day
Get a one on one look at what being a Wildcat is all about. Connect with a student to ask questions about their major, extracurricular involvement, relationship with faculty, and day to day life on campus. After your registration, we will do our best to connect you with a student with your shared academic interest, which may not always be possible due to our students' schedules. However, we will work hard to match you up with another student.
Here are a few questions we recommend thinking about before your scheduled shadow event.
- What was your first week like on campus?
- How was it to make friends?
- What classes are you taking this semester?
- Have you made connections with any faculty members?
- Have you had an internship or done research? How did you find that opportunity?
- What are some clubs and organizations that you are involved in? How did you get involved?
Students will have the option to attend one of the two sessions offered per day. Please hold open 8:00 am-1:00 pm for the first session or 11:00 am to 5:00 pm for the second session. Holding these times gives us the flexibility to make a better match. Due to the demand of the program, students are only allowed to sign up for one session.
During the Shadow days, students are given the chance to:
- Explore campus
- Meet with UNH students and admissions staff
- Attend a class with a student host
- Eat in one of our award-winning dining facilities
You can sign up to connect with a current UNH student on Thursday, December 2. The sign-up form will ask you to indicate your academic area of interest. We will do our best to connect you with a student with your shared academic interest, which may not always be possible due to our students' schedules. However, we will work hard to match you up with another student. At the time of your registration, you will receive a zoom link to access the session. An Admissions staff will be available during the session to help connect you with a current student and answer any of your admission questions.
Please note: In contrast to our in-person dates, the time for the virtual program is firmly set as 4:00-5:00 pm on Thursday, December 2nd. Students attending the virtual session will not attend campus and therefore will not be attending a UNH course.