Get a one-on-one look at what being a Wildcat is all about. Connect with a student to ask questions about their major, extracurricular involvement, relationship with faculty, and day-to-day life on campus. After your registration, we will do our best to connect you with a student with your shared academic interest, which may not always be possible due to our students' schedules.
Admitted students will have the option to attend one of the two sessions offered per day. Please hold open 8:00 am-1:30 pm for the first session or 12:00 pm-5:00 pm for the second session. Holding these times gives us the flexibility to make a better match. Due to the demand of the program, students are only allowed to sign up for one session.
**Please note that registration is limited and must be made no later than a week in advance of the program.
During the Shadow days, students are given the chance to:
- Explore campus
- Meet with UNH students and admissions staff
- Attend a class with a student host
- Eat in one of our award-winning dining facilities
- Upon registration, students will be matched with a current UNH student and an individualized schedule with your personal start and end times will be provided 2-3 days prior to the scheduled visit. Note: Students will likely not be on campus for the entirety of the session. You can expect your time on campus to be about 2-3 hours.
- UNH Admissions staff will make every effort possible to pair students based on their intended majors or program. However, no guarantees can be made due to our students’ busy schedules and when courses are offered.
- While students are participating in their shadow experience, parents/guardians and other guests will have the opportunity to explore campus on a self-guided tour or explore the Durham community. Feel free to ask us for places we recommend seeing or visiting when you check-in.
- Measures have been taken to ensure the health and safety of all. Please review the COVID-19 Updates and Safety Guidelines page before your visit.
As an admitted student, you are invited to see virtually what being a Wildcat is all about! You will be connected with a current Wildcat to learn more about UNH and ask questions about academic and social life on campus. You are welcome to sign up for one of the dates listed below. We will do our best to connect you with a student based on your admitted major and shared area of interest, and if we can’t, we will match you with another student who has similar interests as you.