Should lots fill, please feel free to park in any parking lots designated for faculty/staff use. These lots are free and open on the weekends. Please pay attention to signage in lot entrances to avoid ticketing. Below are our recommendations for the largest lots closest to the venue for the first session of the day.
Metered spaces on Garrison Avenue and Main Street are monitored by the town of Durham. Unfortunately, Admissions cannot work to have tickets waived should you receive a parking fine ticket. Meters do not start accepting payment until 10 am. We discourage parking at the meters.
D-Lot Driving Direction
(Elliot Alumni Center)
GPS Address: 9 Edgewood Road, Durham, NH
Use the map for driving directions from your location. We recommend using the exit at Route 155A to access parking easily and following the instructions to campus below.
- Continue onto Main Street towards Downtown Durham.
- At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Main Street.
- Proceed down Main Street for 0.5 miles.
- Turn left onto Edgewood Road.
- Proceed straight on Edgewood Road for .02 miles.
- Turn left onto Strafford Ave.
- D-Lot will be on the left.
D LOT TO THE recreation center
Once you have parked in D-Lot, proceed to the Hamel Recreation Center building.
Walking Directions (5 minutes)
- Walk towards Edgewood Road to exit the parking lot via the stairs and/or sidewalk.
- Turn right on Edgewood and walk towards the traffic lights on Main Street.
- You will eventually see the Hamel Recreation Center (on your right).
- Turn right when you see the Edgewood Visitor Lot parking area and proceed straight ahead on the sidewalk.
- The entrance to the Hamel Recreation center is straight ahead to the right.
B-Lot Driving Directions
GPS Address: B Lot, Mcdaniel Drive, Durham, NH
Please Note** Due to construction on campus, College Road which leads into McDaniel Road when heading towards B Lot, is closed. Please avoid following GPS instructions that direct you onto College Road. Use the map for driving directions from your location. We recommend using the exit at Route 155A to access parking easily and following the instructions to campus below.
- Exit at Route 155A and turn towards Durham (3rd exit that references "Durham", if coming from Route 4).
- Follow 155A past a short stretch of field to the UNH campus.
- At the traffic circle, take the first exit and follow the detour signs until the road becomes McDaniel Drive.
- B-Lot will be on your left.
B LOT TO THE recreation center
Once you have parked in B-Lot, proceed to the Hamel Recreation Center building. Walking Directions (16 minutes).
- Exit B-Lot by crossing the road at Academic Way (lot entrance).
- Proceed towards and walk down Quad Way for about 0.2 miles.
- Turn left on Main Street and continue walking for about 0.3 miles. When you turn left on Main Street, the Memorial Union Building should be on your left.
- Walk past Thompson Hall (clock tower) which will be to your left. Just before the traffic lights, cross the street at the intersection of Main Street and Edgewood Road.
- The Hamel Recreation Center is just past Edgewood Visitor Lot on Edgewood Road.