- AP: Be sure the College Board sends your official grade reports to UNH Admissions.
- IB: Ask the International Baccalaureate Organization to send your official IB exam results to UNH Admissions.
- First-Year Credit: Ask the institution where you took college-level courses to send your sealed official grade reports to UNH Admissions.
First Year Fall Checklist
- Activate your MyUNH account using the student identification number on your acceptance letter.
- MyUNH is where you’ll apply for housing, choose a meal plan, check your financial aid, make payments, register for classes and more.
- Access your Parent Portal.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 if you are applying for aid.
- Learn more about financial aid.
- Register for orientation, and save the date for your session.
- Explore your housing and dining options. Learn about our 30 residence halls, three dining halls and extensive menu of meal plans.
- Pay your enrollment deposit by May 1 — $600 if you plan to live on campus, $400 if you’ll be commuting.
- Complete your online housing/dining application by May 1.
- NH residency declaration form will be emailed to students who indicated a legal residence/domicile address in the state of NH
- Request a deferral if you would like to postpone enrollment at UNH for a semester or a year for personal reasons such as work, travel or health issues.
- Attend the orientation session you selected in May. You’ll have an opportunity to experience your new campus firsthand, meet with academic advisors and register for classes.
- Set up your UNH email using MyUNH and sign up for UNH Alerts.
- Explore your UNH resources like the Center for Academic Resources, Connors Writing Center, Mathematics Center and Student Accessibility Services.
- Review the technology checklist to prepare for your arrival to UNH.
- Complete your required health forms and your UNH Student Health Benefit Plan enrollment or waiver by July 15.
- Submit your final high school transcript by July 15. Don't skip this step; we need to receive your transcript to secure your enrollment for fall.
- Watch for your fall tuition bill by mid-July on your MyUNH account.
- Get credit for your Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams and any previously completed college-level courses.
- Submit your NH residency statement electronically to UNH Admissions by July 15 to be eligible for in-state tuition benefit
- Contact UNH Housing & Residential Life at (603) 862-2120 if you haven’t received your housing assignment by August 1.
- Pay your fall tuition bill by August 5 unless you have set up a monthly payment plan. For more information on billing and payment options contact Business Services.
CONGRATULATIONS: You’re a Wildcat! Have any remaining questions? Call UNH Admissions at (603) 862-1360.
- Requests for deferrals may be submitted to UNH using this form. Should you have any questions, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-862-1360.
- With few exceptions, UNH will not approve deferral requests for students to complete college coursework elsewhere or for a post-graduate year.
- If you know you will be deferring your admission, you do not need to send in an enrollment deposit now; however, if there is a chance your plans may change, an enrollment deposit must be received by May 1 to guarantee fall semester entry.
- If a deferral is approved, a form to reinstate admission for the future semester will be sent with the approval letter. Please follow the instructions provided on that form.
- Students who defer for a year must remember to complete the FAFSA by March 1 of the year they will be enrolling to be considered for need-based financial aid. Students who defer for only one semester will have their financial aid package modified accordingly.
- Withdrawing Your Application
Requests for withdrawals may be submitted to UNH using the this form. Should you have any questions, please contact Admissions at email@example.com or 603-862-1360.
- Enrollment Deposit Refunds
Request received May 2 - May 31 -- $200
Request received June 1 - August 15 -- $100
No portion of the enrollment deposit is refundable after August 15
- Housing Deposit Refunds
Request received May 2 to May 31 -- $100
Request received June 1 - July 1 -- $50
No portion of the housing deposit is refundable after July 1