It’s your senior year. You’re on track to graduate, and college is on the horizon.
Follow these steps toward achieving your future goals.
August - September
- Plan a visit to campus, virtually or in-person, and watch for our Fall Open House event to see firsthand what UNH has to offer, or meet with our admissions counselors at your school or a college fair.
- Review the requirements for applying to UNH using the online Common App.
- Mark your calendar: Apply by Nov. 15 for early action or Feb. 1 for regular decision.
October - November
- Finalize your college essay and request a personal recommendation from a school counselor or core academic teachers.
- The FAFSA is due March 1 but can be filed as early as October 1. Visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) website for more information.
- UNH has many scholarship options to make a college education affordable. Find out if you qualify.
- Apply for early action by Nov. 15 and receive an admission decision by the end of January. You will have until May 1 to enroll.
December - January - February
- If regular decision is the option for you, now is the time to organize your application materials and be sure your financial aid forms are filed.
- Ask your school counselor to send your first-semester transcripts to UNH.
- Apply for regular decision by Feb. 1. You will receive your admission decision by early April.
Be sure to submit your FAFSA online by March 1. When applying, use the UNH federal school code (also called the Title IV Code): 002589.
March - April
- FAFSA priority deadline is March 1 for need base-aid.
- UNH decision letters and financial aid offers will arrive by early April.
- Admitted Student Visit Days are scheduled on campus. Look for information by email and register for the date offered by your college.
- If you can’t attend one of these days, we can help you plan a visit.
May - June
- Confirm your enrollment by May 1 using your MyUNH Portal (if confirming by mail, be sure your deposit is postmarked no later than May 1)
- If you’ve been offered financial aid, accept the offer and follow the instructions provided.
- Have your official high school diploma or GED sent directly to admissions.
- Get ready to join our UNH Wildcat family.