PAY your enrollment deposit — $550 if you plan to live on campus, $350 if you’ll be commuting — and complete your online housing/dining application by May 1.
PROVIDE your notarized residency form by the end of May if you’re a New Hampshire resident.
Deferral Requests are accepted for students who would like to postpone enrollment at UNH for a semester or a year and are granted for personal reasons such as work, travel or health issues.
- Requests for deferrals should include a short description of your intended plans during the deferral period and must be made in writing to email@example.com or UNH Admissions, 3 Garrison Ave, Durham, NH 03824. Please include your name and student identification number.
- With few exceptions, UNH will not approve deferral requests for students to complete college coursework elsewhere or for a post-graduate year.
- If you know you will be deferring your admission, you do not need to send in an enrollment deposit now; however, if there is a chance your plans may change, an enrollment deposit must be received by May 1 to guarantee fall semester entry.
- If a deferral is approved, a form to reinstate admission for the future semester will be sent with the approval letter. Please follow the instructions provided on that form.
- Students who defer for a year must remember to complete the FAFSA by March 1 of the year they will be enrolling to be considered for need-based financial aid. Students who defer for only one semester will have their financial aid package modified accordingly.