Previously Enrolled Students (Re-admitted Students)

Welcome back to the University of New Hampshire! Whether you have been away for a semester or a number of years, we are glad that you are returning to the UNH community to continue your studies.  

Information for Readmitted Students

We are pleased that you are planning to resume your studies at UNH.  This sheet provides information and instructions pertinent to your enrollment for the fall semester.

MyUNH-- the UNH Portal

Course Registration, Tuition Billing and Financial Aid awards are now all on-line.  You must access the “MyUNH” at to select and register for your classes, review your tuition bill (paying on-line is an option), check your financial aid status, or view a transfer credit award.   

Transfer Credit /Transcripts

In order to receive transfer credit for college coursework completed since leaving UNH, you need to have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions. If you have completed or are currently enrolled in UNH coursework through Continuing Education at the Durham or Manchester campus, you do not need to request a transcript as we can obtain a grade report through the Registrar’s Office.  For non-UNH coursework, an “Evaluation of Transfer Credits” Form will be completed and forwarded to your college dean.  Please note that credit will not be awarded for any coursework completed during the semester following an academic suspension from the University.

Academic Advising/Class Registration       

You may contact your inital major advisor after April 15.  To identify your major advisor, go to  The undergraduate catalog and Time and Room Schedule can be accessed on-line at :

  • click on "WebCat"
  • Under the "Registration" menu,
  • Choose "Student Detail Schedule". 

Please note: All outstanding financial obligations to the University must be resolved with Business Services before you will be able to register for classes.

Tuition/Billing Procedures

UNH bills students electronically through MyUNH. Fall semester bills are generally posted beginning in early July, after the USNH Board of Trustees sets the 2018-2019 tuition rates.  Go to the Webcat/Services tab and click “Continue” and select “Account Summary & Bill” to review your bill.  Students may set up Authorized Payer accounts for parents or others who are responsible for paying the tuition bill.  See for instructions.

2017-2018 Expected Academic Year Tuition Fees Room and Board

  NH Resident Non-Resident
Tuition & Fees $18,499 $33,879
Room & Board* $11,580 $11,580



$ 45,459


*Room & Board amount is based on double occupancy room and core meal plan

Your Major *Please be aware that there is an additional charge for differential tuition in our business school and in some programs in our engineering college. There are also individual course fees in many other specific classes.

You have been readmitted to a specific major or an undeclared status within a college division of the university. You are guaranteed a space as long as you meet departmental standards for continuation in the program.

Changes of major are possible with approval from the appropriate college dean and department chairperson.  It is important to realize, however, that not all change of major requests can be honored. Contact the appropriate college dean for additional details.

Financial Aid

The required form is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  March 1 is the priority deadline for receipt of the FAFSA form by the federal processor.

If you have applied for financial aid, you may access your Financial Aid information from MyUNH:  go to the Webcat/Services tab and click “Continue”, then select “Student Services & Financial Aid”, then select “Financial Aid”.  This site will provide valuable information about the status of your financial aid application and, when all requirements are met, your actual financial aid package. 

Housing & Dining

While the university does not guarantee on-campus housing for readmitted students, you may contact the Housing Office at 603-862-2120 or concerning the availability of on-campus housing for the upcoming semester. The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, located in Room 122 of the Memorial Union Building (MUB), has support staff and resources available to assist students in locating off-campus housing.  Stop by MUB Room 122, call 603-862-0303 or email For off campus housing listings, visit  

Even if you do not live on campus, you may still purchase a UNH dining plan. Call 603-862-1821 or visit their website at for dining options.

Student Accessibility Services

If you have a disability that requires assistance in the areas of academics, housing, campus travel, recreation, or cultural activities, you should contact the Disability Services for Students Office,, prior to your arrival on campus.  Early contact will help us meet your unique needs.

Parking/Bus Service

If you are planning to bring a motor vehicle to campus, go to the Parking Services website at  or call 603-862-1010. Please note that UNH may not be able to accommodate every request for a permit.

The Wildcat Transit bus service is available free of charge to undergraduate students with a valid UNH ID. Go to the website above or call 603-862-2328 for information on schedules and routes.


Admissions 862-1360 
Business Services 862-2230 
Dining Services 862-1821 
Disability Services for Students 862-2607 
Financial Aid 862-3600 
First Year Programs 862-3488 
Housing 862-2120 
Student Involvement & Leadership 862-0303 


University of New Hampshire
Office of Admissions
Smith Hall
3 Garrison Avenue
Durham NH, 03824