The University of New Hampshire has partnered with Whelen Engineering Companies, Inc. and Tyco International to create two undergraduate scholarships to recognize excellence in first-year students entering the University’s College of Engineering & Physical Sciences (CEPS).
Each scholarship covers a significant portion of a student’s tuition, fees, and room & board for four years of undergraduate education at UNH.
Criteria for Eligibility
Students who are eligible for scholarship consideration must present credentials that reflect outstanding academic achievement and promise. These include:
- A rigorous program of study including a minimum of four years of mathematics and four years of science, with preference given to Pre-Engineering Programs, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate courses
- Grades that indicate excellence
Criteria regarding eligibility for this scholarship is currently under review. Details will be available soon.
- Please note that the Whelan Scholarship requires that students submit a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 and have demonstrated financial need.
- We suggest applying by the November 15, early action deadline for preferred consideration
Candidates who are competitive for the CEPS Industry Scholarship will receive an email inviting them to apply for the scholarship shortly after they receive their acceptance letter to a major within the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. All finalists will be invited to participate in a Zoom video interview as part of the scholarship review process in early March. Applicants will be notified of the results by mid-March.
To ensure full consideration, the following materials are recommended received by November 15, UNH's early action deadline:
- Application for admission to a major within the College of Engineering & Physical Sciences at the University of New Hampshire.
- Official test scores for either the SAT or ACT
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the first week in February (This can be submitted after the Nov 15 deadline)
Contact for Additional Information
For additional questions about applying for these scholarships or admissions in general, contact the Admissions Office at (603) 862-1360 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
For information regarding programs within the College of Engineering & Physical Science, please contact. Sharon McCrone at (603) 862-3537 or Sharon.McCrone@unh.edu