Information for U.S. Veterans

The University of New Hampshire welcomes applications from U.S Veterans.

U.S military personnel planning to use GI Educational Benefits should contact our Veterans Coordinator at

Our Veteran's Coordinator provides counseling on all aspects of veterans' benefits as well as assistance in procuring and completing the required forms and certifications for veteran's benefits including GI Bills, Federal Tuition Assistance, NH National Guard Scholarships and Waivers, Spouse and dependent's benefits from the VA (Chapter 35, Chapter 33 TEB, and REPS), from MyCAA, and the NH War Orphans' Scholarship.

How to Apply

Veterans apply for admission following these application requirements.

You may submit a copy of the DD214 or 2586 to verify potential credits earned for military experience. Do not submit the original, as you will need it throughout your life to prove your veteran status and establish eligibility for GI Bill and other veterans benefits from the VA, State, and local community. If still on active duty, submit the copy when you are released.

For Further Information

Please visit the Veterans Support Website for important phone numbers and links.

For military and veteran students interested in the non-residential Manchester campus click here