First-Year Application Requirements are the same whether you apply to the Durham or Manchester Campus.
Applications must be received by the early action November 15 deadline to be considered for early action. Supporting documents (SAT or ACT scores, Transcript(s), Recommendation(s)) may be received before December 1 to complete an application and still be considered under the early action deadline.
1. The Common Application or the Coalition Application
- Students may apply for admission to UNH using the Common Application or the Coalition Application. We do not have a preference and encourage students to complete the application that is most convenient for them.
- More information on how to apply can be found by visiting the Common Application website or the Coalition Application website
2. Official High School Transcript and/or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
3. Official SAT or ACT Scores
- Scores must be submitted directly from the SAT or ACT testing agency. UNH does not accept scores that appear on the high school transcript, from paper score reports, etc.
- UNH considers your highest section scores for the SAT and the highest composite score for the ACT across all test dates that you submit. We thus encourage you to submit your scores to us each time you take the SAT and/or ACT.
- The SAT or ACT must be taken prior to the application deadline.
- For the new SAT we do not require the writing section.
- We use the new SAT concordance table to compare new scores to the old SAT score equivalents and ACT equivalents https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/pdf/higher-ed-brief-sat-concor....
- UNH's CEEB code for the SAT is: 3918
- UNH's CEEB code for the ACT is: 2524
4. Letter of Recommendation
- This letter, ideally, should be from a student's guidance counselor or teacher. UNH does not require more than one recommendation and our preference is to receive no more than two. Excess recommendations may delay the admissions review process.
5. Application Fee ($50 for NH residents/ $65 for non-residents) for the fall 2018 application
6. Audition (For specific majors in Music and Theatre only)
- Auditions are required for students wishing to major in Music Education, Music History, Music Performance, Music Theory. For additional information, including an audition schedule and contact information, please visit the Music Department Website.
- Auditions are required for students wishing to major in Theatre: Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre. For additional information, including an audition schedule and contact information please visit the Theatre Department Website.
7. Portfolio (Art Studio Majors only)
- A portfolio is required for students wishing to major in Studio Arts. For additional information, and contact information please visit the Studio Art department website.
Additional Information to Note
All paper materials for any undergraduate application (including Thompson school), should be sent to:
3 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824
Please use black ink when submitting any paper materials, and be sure to include a date of birth on all paper materials.
Permanent resident aliens need to submit a copy of their permanent resident card. Non-U.S. citizens should include a photocopy of the passport page with biographic information.
IEPs, 504 Plans, and other documentation regarding a disability should not be sent to the Admissions Office. These materials should be sent to the Student Accessibility Services Office. Any materials of this nature sent to the Admissions Office will be shredded. The attached link highlights many of the significant ways in which a students' high school experience differs from the college experience for students with various types of temporary and permanent physical or learning disabilities.
UNH's CEEB code for College Board SAT's and TOEFL tests is: 3918
The common application must be received by November 15, 2017 in order to be classified as early action. Supporting materials (recommendation, test scores, transcript) may arrive after the deadline. You will receive a confirmation email from Common Application if your application was sent to UNH successfully. We follow up with a mailed letter notifying applicants of their UNH applicant ID typically within 7-10 days.
All offers of admission are considered conditional and are subject to the verification of satisfactory senior year achievement when final high school transcripts are reviewed by the Admission Committee.