Follow this timeline to complete your enrollment and be ready for your fall semester.
- Activate your MyUNH account using the student identification number on your acceptance letter.
- MyUNH is where you’ll apply for housing, choose a meal plan, make payments, register for classes and more.
- Pay your $600 enrollment deposit by May 1. If withdrawing prior to May 1, your enrollment deposit is 100% refundable.
- Complete your online housing and dining application by May 1.
After Paying the Enrollment Deposit
- Set up your UNH email using MyUNH and sign up for UNH Alerts.
- You will receive an email from the Office of International Students and Scholars on how to officially request your visa documentation (Certificate of Eligibility I-20 or OS-2019). You will be asked to provide the following:
- Copy of admission decision letter
- Copy of passport biographic page
- Foreign address information
- Copy of supporting financial documents
Apply for Your Visa
- Apply for your visa as early as possible. As an international student coming to the United States to study, you will be required to obtain a visa prior to traveling abroad. Please note that Canadian students are not required to obtain a visa, but are required to present the Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or os-2019) and declare themselves as a student at the US port-of-entry.
- We are aware that US Embassies/Consulates around the globe are temporarily closed. We hope that as conditions improve, they will reopen and begin issuing visas again. A lot of students are expected to apply once they open, so we recommend that you check the website frequently so that you are able to schedule your interview as soon as possible.
- The Office of International Students and Scholars will send you important tips and information about getting your visa, orientation, health insurance, getting to campus, what to do once you arrive, and much more.
Submit your final transcripts. Submit your official high school diploma or general equivalency diploma to the Undergraduate Admissions Office by July 1:
UNH Undergraduate Admissions
3 Garrison Ave.
Durham, New Hampshire, 03824
United States of America
July - August
- Get ready for international student orientation, a mandatory program designed for all new international students (undergraduate, exchange, graduate, and transfer) to learn about immigration rights and responsibilities, cultural adjustment and academic expectations. Note: Attendance at freshman June orientation (for undergraduates only) is optional. If you choose to attend freshman June orientation, you will still be required to attend the International Student Orientation in August.
- Contact your academic advisor to register for classes.
- Complete the required medical and immunization forms. Check your email for more details.
- Pay your fall tuition bill by August 9 (unless you have set up a monthly payment plan).
Congratulations! You're officially a Wildcat!