Previously Enrolled Students
Former UNH students, whose degree status at the University has been interrupted, may apply to resume their studies by submitting an application for readmission.
If you have already earned a degree from UNH (baccalaureate or associate) and are interested in a second degree, apply as a TRANSFER student. Please note: You cannot apply for a second B.A. degree.
If you were enrolled in an associate's degree program and wish to apply to a bachelor’s degree program, apply as a two-to-four year transfer.
If you are planning to finish your degree requirements during a Summer Session, or finish your graduation requirements at another college or university, contact the Registrar’s Office at (603) 862-1594 for information about “Reinstatement for Graduation” procedures.
Fall semester: June 1 Spring semester: November 1
$20 application fee. Make check/money order payable to UNH (please do not send cash)
Readmission applications are processed in the Office of Admissions; however, decisions are made by the Dean’s Office of the college division to which you apply and in consultation with the Division of Student & Academic Affairs.
Contact the appropriate Dean’s Office for information regarding restricted programs and/or departmental pre-requisites:
- College of Liberal Arts, Murkland Hall, (603) 862-2062
- College of Life Sciences & Agriculture, Taylor Hall, (603) 862-1450
- College of Engineering & Physical Sciences, Kingsbury Hall, (603) 862-1781
- College of Health & Human Services, Hewitt Hall, (603) 862-1178
- Thompson School of Applied Science, Cole Hall, (603) 862-1025
- Paul College of Business & Economics, Paul College, (603) 862-3885
- UNH Manchester, Office of Admissions, (603) 641-4150
- In addition to the Readmission Application, you must obtain a letter from your physician/therapist who has treated you since your withdrawal, indicating the extent of your readiness to resume studies, a description of the status of your condition, and any special needs you may require upon arrival to campus. Have the letter sent directly to UNH Health Services, Executive Director's Office, 4 Pettee Brook Lane, Durham, NH 03824
- The physician/therapist's information will be reviewed by the Executive Director of Health Services, as well as your college's Associate Dean, as part of the readmission process. The Admissions Office will consult with the Executive Director of Health Services and your Dean before making a final decision regarding your admission.
Readmission after Academic Suspension
Provide a statement as to why you believe you can successfully complete a UNH degree program and the specific steps you will take to ensure your future academic success.
Readmission after Academic Dismissal
Only under extraordinary circumstances will a student be readmitted after being academically dismissed (a second suspension is considered a dismissal). Consult with your former college dean PRIOR to submitting a readmission application.
Readmission after Disciplinary Action
If you were suspended from the University for disciplinary reasons or left with disciplinary charges pending, you must receive clearance from the Judicial & Mediation Programs Office to return. Contact them at (603) 862-3377, Hitchcock Hall, Room 4, for more information.
Transcripts of Non-UNH Coursework
Coursework completed at other institutions will be evaluated for transfer credit upon receipt of an official transcript. The transcript must include final grades for all coursework completed, including coursework in progress at the time of application.
The deadline for filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is March 1. Additional information is available at the Financial Aid website.
While the University does not guarantee on-campus housing for readmitted students, you may contact the Housing Office at (603) 862-2120 regarding the availability of on-campus housing and placing your name on the housing waitlist. We also have available lists for off-campus housing, including a roommate listing.
NEW HAMPSHIRE RESIDENCY INFORMATION
New Hampshire Residents: If you were previously enrolled as a NH resident and your family’s current permanent address has remained in New Hampshire, you do not need to re-document your in-state status.
If you were previously enrolled as a non-resident and now wish to claim in-state residency, you must document your claim by either submitting an application for in-state status to Registrar, Stoke Hall, 11 Garrison Ave, Durham, NH 03824 or a notarized residency form with your readmission application. Typically, if you have been away for less than three years, you will need to apply for in-state residency through the Registrar’s Office.
- About UNH
- Admissions Profile
- Campus Maps
- Fast Facts
- Inclusive Community
- Location, Location!
- Safety and Well-Being
- Student Life
- Student Stories
- Student Support Services
- UNH Tales Student Blog
- UNH Today
- UNH Traditions
- 360 Views of Campus
- UNH Videos
- Academic Majors
- Advanced Placement Credit
- Colleges and Schools
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Course Catalog
- Honors Program
- International Baccalaureate Credit (IB)
- National Student Exchange
- Opportunities for High School Students (CATS Program)
- Pre-(Medicine, Law, Dental, Health Professions, Veterinary)
- Study Abroad
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Inquiry Game! Amp Up your Education
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Home-Schooled Students
- Previously Enrolled Students
- Veterans and Non-Traditional Students
- Challenging Academically Talented Students (CATS)
- Accepted Students
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Previously Enrolled Students
- MyUNH & UNH Email Accounts
- Changing Majors & Competitive Majors
- Living at UNH
- Paying for UNH
- Resources and Helpful Links
- Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
- Register for a Tour
- Fall Open House
- Academic Specific Visit Options
- Computer Science Information Session and Facility Tour
- Education Department Information Session
- Equine Studies Department Information Session
- Mechanical Engineering Facility Tours
- Nursing Department Information Session and Facilities Tour
- Occupational Therapy Department Information Sessions
- Paul College of Business and Economics Facility Tour
- Pre-Veterinary Program Information Session
- School Counselor Visit Programs
- Campus Maps
- Directions to Admissions Office
- Live Webcam of Campus
- Local Hotels and Restaurants
- UNH Virtual Tour
- YOUniversity Tour
- Additional Resources
- Contact Us
- Admissions Forms
- Alumni Admissions Volunteer Program
- En Espanol
- Information for Parents
- Notarized Residency Form (for NH residents only)
- ROTC at UNH
- The College Letter
- UNH on the Road
- Campus Security and Fire Safety