Applications must be received by the early action November 15 deadline to be considered for early action. Supporting documents (SAT or ACT scores, Transcript(s), Recommendation(s)) may be received before December 1 to complete an application and still be considered under the early action deadline.
1. The Common Application
Apply Online: Submit the Online Common Application from the Common Application website.
2. Official High School Transcript and/or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
3. Official SAT or ACT Scores
Scores must be submitted directly from the SAT or ACT testing agency. UNH does not accept scores that appear on the high school transcript, from paper score reports, etc.
UNH considers your highest section scores for the SAT and the highest composite score for the ACT across all test dates that you submit. We thus encourage you to submit your scores to us each time you take the SAT and/or ACT.
The SAT or ACT must be taken prior to the application deadline.
UNH's CEEB code for the SAT is: 3918
UNH's CEEB code for the ACT is: 2524
4. Letter of Recommendation
This letter, ideally, should be from a student's guidance counselor or teacher. UNH does not require more than one recommendation and our preference is to receive no more than two. Excess recommendations may delay the admissions review process.
5. Application Fee ($50 for NH residents / $65 for non-residents)
6. Audition (For specific majors in Music and Theatre only)
Auditions are required for students wishing to major in Music Education, Music History, Music Performance, Music Theory. For additional information, including an audition schedule and contact information, please visit the Music Department Website.
Auditions are required for students wishing to major in Theatre: Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre. For additional information, including an audition schedule and contact information please visit the Theatre Department Website.
7. Portfolio (Art Studio Majors only)
A portfolio is required for students wishing to major in Studio Arts. For additional information, and contact information please visit the Studio Art department website. Click here for portfolio information.
8. Interviews (Theatre: Design &Theatre, Secondary Theatre Education, Youth Drama majors only)
Interviews are required for students wishing to major in Theatre: Design &Theatre, Secondary Theatre Education, Youth Drama majors only. For additional information, including a schedule and contact information please visit the Theatre Department Website.
There are no interviews required as part of the general admissions application or to any other major.
Additional Information to Note:
All paper materials for any undergraduate application (including Thompson school), should be sent to:
3 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824
Please use black ink when submitting any paper materials, and be sure to include a date of birth on all paper materials.
Permanent resident aliens need to submit a copy of their permanent resident card. Non-U.S. citizens should include a photocopy of the passport page with biographic information.
IEPs, 504 Plans, and other documentation regarding a disability should not be sent to the Admissions Office. These materials should be sent to the Disability Services for Students Office. Any materials of this nature sent to the Admissions Office will be shredded. The attached link highlights many of the significant ways in which a students' high school experience differs from the college experience for students with various types of temporary and permanent physical or learning disabilities.
UNH's CEEB code for College Board SAT's and TOEFL tests is: 3918
The common application must be received by November 15, 2015 in order to be classified as early action. Supporting materials (recommendation, test scores, transcript) may arrive after the deadline. You will receive a confirmation email from Common Application if your application was sent to UNH successfully. We follow up with a mailed letter notifying applicants of their UNH applicant ID typically within 7-10 days.
All offers of admission are considered conditional and are subject to the verification of satisfactory senior year achievement when final high school transcripts are reviewed by the Admission Committee.
- About UNH
- Admissions Profile
- Campus Maps
- Fast Facts
- Inclusive Community
- Location, Location!
- Safety and Well-Being
- Student Life
- Student Stories
- Student Support Services
- UNH Tales Student Blog
- UNH Today
- UNH Traditions
- 360 Views of Campus
- UNH Videos
- Academic Majors
- Advanced Placement Credit
- Colleges and Schools
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Course Catalog
- Honors Program
- International Baccalaureate Credit (IB)
- National Student Exchange
- Opportunities for High School Students (CATS Program)
- Pre-(Medicine, Law, Dental, Health Professions, Veterinary)
- Study Abroad
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
- Inquiry Game! Amp Up your Education
- First-Year Students
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Home-Schooled Students
- Previously Enrolled Students
- Veterans and Non-Traditional Students
- Challenging Academically Talented Students (CATS)
- Accepted Students
- First Year Students
- Transfer Students
- Previously Enrolled Students
- MyUNH & UNH Email Accounts
- Changing Majors & Competitive Majors
- Living at UNH
- Paying for UNH
- Resources and Helpful Links
- Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
- Register for a Tour
- Want to Be a Wildcat Day (HS Juniors/Transfers)
- Personalized Visit
- Transfer Thursdays
- Academic Specific Visit Options
- College of Engineering Tours
- Computer Science Information Session and Facility Tour
- Education Department Information Session
- Equine Studies Department Information Session
- Mechanical Engineering Facility Tours
- Nursing Department Information Session and Facilities Tour
- Occupational Therapy Department Information Sessions
- Paul College of Business and Economics Facility Tour
- Pre-Veterinary Program Information Session
- School Counselor Visit Programs
- Campus Maps
- Directions to Admissions Office
- Live Webcam of Campus
- Local Hotels and Restaurants
- UNH Virtual Tour
- Additional Resources
- Contact Us
- Admissions Forms
- Alumni Admissions Volunteer Program
- En Espanol
- Information for Parents
- Notarized Residency Form (for NH residents only)
- ROTC at UNH
- The College Letter
- UNH on the Road
- Campus Security and Fire Safety